Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Thanksgiving Break and Ramblings

Its so hard to believe that it's already time for thanksgiving break-just 3 more weeks after this, after semester exams, winter break will come, and so with it, the new year.

There was a something I once read before about the relativity of time with age.
"When you're one, that one year is your whole life. When you're two, that year is 1/2 of your life. And the fraction only gets smaller and smaller the older you get." <- creds to the brilliant individual who came up with this as my brain cannot even come close.

How can time pass by so fast when seemingly doing nothing? I didn't believe that it was possible for the sun to go down so fast as it did this week.

Speaking of that--Christmas decorations are already up in stores and shopping centers-(jingle bells plays every time I walk into my local Walmart) which is all good and festive, but maybe a bit too soon?
One of my favorite things about Christmas are those limited edition favors that chocolate brands put out in this season.
Peppermint--!

Thanksgiving break actually seems more of an excuse for teachers to pile on more and more projects because they assume that all those hours will be put into good use.
For some, that may be the case, but I can't be the only one who's cramming it 11:59 pm Sunday night.
Student life is beautiful, isn't it.

Going off topic for a moment. I don't consider myself qualified enough, nor well informed enough to voice any opinion about the Ferguson riots, but there's no denying that the riots have truth. Looking at news articles about the uproar and chaos happening, I've only realized just recently how utterly thankful I am for my family, upbringing, and life. I've also realized exactly how sheltered and ignorant a world I've been living in, and I feel obligated to change that.

Happy thanksgiving,
Kathy




No comments:

Post a Comment